Curated by MassArt Art Museum curatorial fellow Michaela Blanc, the 2022 MassArt MFA Summer Thesis Exhibition, titled Where I'm Coming From, is on view at MassArt x SoWa from July 23 - August 14.
Where I'm Coming From features the work of ten 2022 MFA candidates from MassArt's Fine Arts Low-Residency program.
Join us for a First Friday opening reception on Friday, August 5, 2022, 5-9pm at the MassArt x SoWa gallery.
MassArt x SoWa
460C Harrison Avenue, Suite C-08
Boston, MA 02118
MASSART X SOWA GALLERY HOURS
- Wednesday - Saturday // 11am-6pm
- Sunday // 11am-4pm
- SoWa First Friday Reception (August 5) // 5-9pm
*Effective January 15, 2022, all visitors to the MassArt x SoWa gallery must be vaccinated, in compliance with The city of Boston’s B Together vaccine requirement for cultural institutions and indoor entertainment.
ON-CAMPUS COMPANION EXHIBITION, COMMON GROUND, JULY 25 - AUGUST 14
- Common Ground at the Doran Graduate Gallery (student-curated)
- Ted Hinman's immersive thesis installation, Crystal Mount Realm, on view in DMC-309 8/3 (6-8pm) & by appointment
- On-campus Exhibition reception: Wednesday August 3, 6pm (following artist talks), Doran Graduate Gallery
- Doran Graduate Gallery Hours: Monday - Friday // 11am-5pm + By Appointment
PUBLIC ARTIST TALKS
- The ten featured 2022 MFA candidates will present public artist talks on Tuesady, August 2 + Wednesday, August 3 at 4:30pm EST. The 2022 MFA Summer Thesis Talks are hybrid events, held in Kennedy Room 280 on campus and virtually and via Zoom.
THEATRICAL SCREENING: CONVERGENCE
- Select film, video and animation work from 2022 MFA Summer Thesis Students will be showcased in East Screening Room 1 on Wednesday, August 3 at 8pm EST.
RONELD LORES: EROSIVE TENSION
OFF-CAMPUS / SITE-RESPONSIVE THESIS INSTALLATION IN LOWELL, MA
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images: Tammy Skiver Maxson, Eileen de Rosas, Roneld Lores