About this Event
Add to calendar
The three Silent Auction sections outlined in the catalog will all be featured in one timed online auction starting Saturday, March 27th at 12:00 NOON EST through Sunday, April 11th at 12:00 NOON EST via massartauction.org/bid.
What Is a Timed Auction?
A timed auction is automated, and takes place solely online. The bidding for each lot is opened at a predetermined level at a set time and stays open over an extended period. A bidder’s identity is always kept confidential during the auction. In this timed auction, bidding will begin at NOON EST on Saturday, March 27, after the BUY NOW Preview and sales will begin to close incrementally at 12:00 NOON EST on Sunday, April 11, beginning with Lot #100 and running through Lot #399, which represents the end of the auction.
How Do I Participate?
- Before March 27, create an account on Bidsquare, if you don't have one already, and register for the 2021 MassArt Auction - Silent Auction via the “Before the Auction” instructions listed above. Note: If you registered for the Buy Now Preview, you do not need to register separately for the Silent Auction.
- Log into your account and find the 2021 MassArt Auction- Silent Auction, starting at 12 PM EST on March 27.
- At any point during this period of open bidding, a bidder will be able to see the current high bid on each lot.
- If you would like to place a bid on a piece, you may place a higher bid than the listed starting bid or current high bid at a defined bidding increment.
- After placing a bid, bidders are automatically informed by email if they are the high bidder, or if they have been outbid by another competing bidder.
- If you’d prefer, you are able to set a maximum bid on any lot you are interested in. Once you’ve set a maximum bid, Bidsquare will continue to bid on that lot on your behalf up to that stated maximum amount.
- At the end of the defined bidding period, beginning at 12:00 NOON EST on April 11, the lot is sold to the highest bid offered.